Netmechanics is a growing and multi-awarded company providing Enterprise IT Solutions and Marketing services in Heraklion, with specialization in eCommerce & Software Engineering. As a PHP-Backend Developer, you will be responsible for specifying, building, and maintaining, applications and extensions around the area of eCommerce.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Write clean and well-designed code to develop functional web applications.
- Knowledge of troubleshoot and test applications.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle: requirements, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and debugging.
- Collaborate with Front-end developers and Web-Designers to deliver properly the final design.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Working with stakeholders to understand and document software requirements.
- Follow emerging technologies and industry best practices.
- Implement data protection and security principles.
- 2+ years of experience in PHP and Web Development.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject, MSc is a plus.
- Significant skills in PHP, MySQL, third party libraries, APIs, and web service architectures.
- Strong knowledge of Database concepts.
- Excellent understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- Benchmarking and optimization.
- Strong knowledge of open-source platforms such as Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress etc and modules development in Opencart Platform (or Prestashop, Magento).
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Flexible working hours and Work-from-home days.
- Attending/participating in conferences or training.
- You will be a part of a growing and multi-awarded company, with the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow professionally.
- Moreover, you will have the opportunity to function in an established, yet creative and fun working environment with people who are genuine and ambitious and participate in a team that.