Front End Developer (Senior Level)
We are looking for a talented, experienced Front-End Web Developer, with a passion for technology and the will to empower people, who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
The candidate maintain and further develop existing applications (products, platforms, websites, mobile).
This is a full-time position, located in Heraklion, Crete, requiring physical presence in our offices, during standard working days and hours.
- As a member of an agile team, participate in the definition, architecture and design of technical solutions;
- Estimate tasks required to complete development projects;
- Collaborate with team members, other IT teams and customers to understand the objectives, needs and issues of assigned customer area(s).
- Design, develop and test user interfaces to create solutions aligned to business and client needs;
- Maintain existing functionalities and fix defects found in production;
- Writing well-structured, efficient and maintainable code;
- Write functional and technical specifications
- Contribute to overall UI/UX strategy for products and deliverables, including input into decisions about UI test frameworks;
- Propose improvements to our quality bars and our standardized processes.
- Team player with positive attitude;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience developing commercial web applications, using at least one popular web framework;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Deep understanding of the whole web application development life-cycle;
- A strong understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX;
- Good knowledge of Microservices architecture;
- Experience in optimising the performance of web applications;
- Proficient understanding of responsive design, accessibility practices, cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Strong attention to detail, able to give constructive feedback
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Self-motivation and a mentality for continuous learning.
- Working in an Agile team (Scrum/Kanban);
- Comfortable working with TypeScript;
- Some knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies;
- Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop;
- Some experience with Node.js;
- Some experience with TDD and / or BDD.