Front End Developer (Senior Level)
What’s in the role?
Are you passionate about technology and empowering people to use it and do amazing things? If you are an experienced Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming, we’d like to speak with you.
Your primary goal will be to maintain and further develop existing applications (products, platforms, websites, mobile).
This is a full-time position, located in Heraklion, Crete, requiring physical presence in our offices (at least for an initial period of 2-3 months), during standard working days and hours.
- Design, develop and test user interfaces to create solutions aligned to business and client needs;
- Maintain existing functionalities and fix defects found in production;
- Writing well-structured, efficient and maintainable code;
- Cooperate with skilled developers, product managers, QA’s, and designers to ship new components and features;
- Write functional and technical specifications
- Contribute to overall UI strategy for products and deliverables, including input into decisions about UI test frameworks;
- Propose improvements to our quality bars and our standardized processes.
- Team player with positive attitude;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience developing commercial web applications, using at least one popular web framework;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Deep understanding of the whole web application development life-cycle;
- A strong understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX;
- Experience in optimising the performance of web applications;
- Proficient understanding of responsive design, accessibility practices, cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Strong attention to detail, able to give constructive feedback
- Advanced English use (speaking and writing)
- Self-motivation and a mentality for continuous learning.
- Working in an Agile team (Scrum/Kanban);
- Comfortable working with TypeScript;
- Some knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies;
- Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop;
- Some experience with Node.js;
- Some experience with TDD and / or BDD.
- Salary based on skills and experience
- Personal development opportunities and on-the-job training
- Access to conferences and seminars
- Awards, gifts and salary increase based on performance reviews
- Supportive and fun workplace (ping pong, xBox, table soccer, quiet working areas etc)
- Fresh fruit and snacks on the house (coffee, too, of course!)