Front End Developer (Senior Level)
What’s in the role?
Are you a front-end coder with an eye for design? Do you have fun by converting Photoshop projects into functional, responsive web apps using HTML, SASS, and jQuery? If you are a team-player with strong design skills and instincts, and at least one year of previous relevant professional experience, we’d like to speak with you.
- Design, develop and test user interfaces to create solutions aligned to business and client needs;
- Maintain existing functionalities and fix defects found in production;
- Writing well-structured, efficient and maintainable code;
- Cooperate with skilled developers, product managers, QA’s, and designers to ship new components and features;
- Write functional and technical specifications
- Contribute to overall UI strategy for products and deliverables, including input into decisions about UI test frameworks;
- Propose improvements to our quality bars and our standardized processes.
- Team player with positive attitude;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience developing commercial web applications, using at least one popular web framework;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Deep understanding of the whole web application development life-cycle;
- A strong understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX;
- Experience in optimising the performance of web applications;
- Proficient understanding of responsive design, accessibility practices, cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Strong attention to detail, able to give constructive feedback
- Advanced English use (speaking and writing)
- Self-motivation and a mentality for continuous learning.
- Working in an Agile team (Scrum/Kanban);
- Comfortable working with TypeScript;
- Some knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies;
- Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop;
- Some experience with Node.js;
- Some experience with TDD and / or BDD.
- Salary based on skills and experience
- Personal development opportunities and on-the-job training
- Access to conferences and seminars
- Awards, gifts and salary increase based on performance reviews
- Supportive and fun workplace (ping pong, xBox, table soccer, quiet working areas etc)
- Fresh fruit and snacks on the house (coffee, too, of course!)
Apply by end of 30/9/2020