Front-end developer (Mid-Senior Level)
We are looking for a talented, experienced Front-End Web Developer, with a passion for technology and the will to empower people, who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
This is a full-time position, located in Heraklion, Crete, requiring physical presence in our offices, during standard working days and hours but it is also possible remotely
- As a member of an agile team, participate in the definition, architecture, and design of technical solutions.
- Estimate tasks required to complete development projects.
- Collaborate with team members, other IT teams and customers to understand the objectives, needs and issues of assigned customer area(s).
- Design, develop and test user interfaces to create solutions aligned to business and client needs.
- Maintain existing functionalities and fix defects found in production.
- Writing well-structured, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Write functional and technical specifications
- Contribute to overall UI/UX strategy for products and deliverables, including input into decisions about UI test frameworks.
- Propose improvements to our quality bars and our standardized processes.
- Team player with positive attitude.
- You are a team player, keen to learn, and share your knowledge effectively with the rest of your team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience developing commercial web applications, using at least one popular web framework.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of writing webapps and of managing application state
- Strong understanding of common architectural patterns (such as MVC, Redux), managing side effects and common frameworks and networking
- Good knowledge of Microservices architecture.
- Experience in optimising the performance of web applications.
- Proficient understanding of responsive design, accessibility practices, cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Working in an Agile team (Scrum/Kanban);
- Comfortable working with TypeScript.
- Experience with writing automated tests (eg, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha)
- Some knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience with CI/CD
Nice to have:
- UX Design for web and mobile applications
- Familiarity with prototyping tools (i.e., Adobe XD, Figma).
- Experience with Docker
- Proven experience by presenting certain project(s) that have been personally accomplished is a PLUS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary based on the candidate’s skills & experience
- Attending/participating in conferences, seminars, or training days in Greece and abroad
- Great work environment & company culture
- You will be a part of a growing and multi-awarded company, with the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow professionally
- Work From Home Days
- Pet-friendly offices
- Supportive and fun workplace (ping pong, xBox, table soccer, quiet working areas etc)
- Fresh fruit and snacks on the house (coffee, too, of course!)